Tuesday, May 18, 2010

HOSTILE MAKE-OVER


Covers!


So, I was trolling the internets when I happened upon this site. It has a few cool galleries of golden age comic covers. If you go there just click on one of the three circles at the top of the page to see the galleries.
Inspired by viewing the galleries I’ve decided to share some of my personal favorite comic covers, enjoy!

amazing_spiderman_13

There are tons of great Spiderman covers, but I absolutely love Mysterio

arkham_asylum_1

Dave Mckean rules.

gijoe_21

The second appearance of GI Joe #21 in this blog. It is safe to say this is one of my all around favorite comics.

classicxmen1

One of my favorite Arthur Adams covers, and arguably the best Wolverine.

crimesuspenstories022

One of the covers that sent Gaines to court. I think the drool is a nice touch.

crisis_infinite_earths_1

Hard to pick just one George Perez cover, but I just love his work on Crisis.

kitty_pryde_and_wolverine_vol_1_4

Dead heat between this issue and #3. I went with #4 because i like how Logan still suits up after Kitty skewered him on a sword.

magnus-robot-fighter_1

I love this series! I just started reading it (I acquired all the comics legally, you can be sure of that) and it kicks ass. I recommend doing an image search for more of the covers from this comic.

ff_232

Not much to say here, I just think this cover is cool!

sandman_8

The issue that launched a thousand emo girl outfits. One could pick any of Mckean’s covers for The Sandman, but this is my favorite.

watchmen_12

Not much to say about this that hasn’t been said by everyone else, but I love how it acts as the first panel, continues the circle motif, etc etc.

x-men_58

Neal Adams could draw covers like no one else. How cool is Havok here?

And finally, one of the most iconic covers ever.
silver_surfer_4

So, there we have it. I’d like to wrap things up with an image just for fun…Simpsonized Watchmen

.watchmen_simpsons

For more cool fan-art Simpsonized characters check out this site here. Make sure to check out the archives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BAD BOY

SOME DAY LOVE WILL FIND YOU

OLD SCHOOL

Digital art selected for the Daily Inspiration #516

GALLERY 33

8













HELLBLAZER

http://nstk.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/hellblazer23411.jpg

JOHN CONSTANTINE

http://www.fanboy.com/archive-images/Hellblazer_The_Fear_Machine-01.jpg

Followers