Tuesday, May 18, 2010

50 FOOT ROBOT STUDIOS

Covers part 2


I really enjoyed sharing some of my favorite covers in a post from a while back, so here is a fresh batch of covers I really dig!

the_shadow
I love, love, LOVE pulp style art!

transformers_1
Here is another cover from my youth by Bill Sienkiewicz.

time_out_judge-dredd
There are literally hundreds of great Brian Bolland covers to choose from but, I think no one drew Dredd better.

casanova2
Gabriel Ba’s art is so deceptively simple, and goddamned cool.

punisher-ms_1
I’ve long been a Mike Zeck fan. I chose this cover because this particular issue was one of the first I bought with an eye towards it’s future value. BTW, comicspriceguide.com rates a NM copy at $25.00…meh.

tim-bradstreet-hellblazer
punishermax58
Tim Bradstreet draws (or “traces” as Mike calls it) some of the most striking covers I’ve ever seen.

moonkinght15
A very unique cover from Frank Miller

blue_devil_annual
I’ve included this cover not really because it is all that great (although Man-Bat, The Creeper, The Demon, and Phantom Stranger on one cover is pretty cool!) but because I always liked Blue Devil, and this is probably my favorite issue.

machine-man_1
I never bought this issue. I remember seeing it in the rack and totally falling in love with it’s cover, but I didn’t have enough money to buy it. Hoping to hide it and buy it later, I crammed it all the way behind some issues of Archie (true story). Sadly, by the time I got back it was gone.

doompatrol-tom-taggart
Awesome!

iron_man_149
Why aren’t there more Iron Man vs Doom stories?

preacher_66


Finally, there were many memorable covers during The Preacher’s run, this is one that really stuck out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BAD BOY

SOME DAY LOVE WILL FIND YOU

OLD SCHOOL

Digital art selected for the Daily Inspiration #516

GALLERY 33

8













HELLBLAZER

http://nstk.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/hellblazer23411.jpg

JOHN CONSTANTINE

http://www.fanboy.com/archive-images/Hellblazer_The_Fear_Machine-01.jpg

Followers